Friday, March 20, 2009

Losing My Mojo

Monday I was feeling so good and blabbing about my 162 miles in 16 days. That afternoon I did 8.5 miles with 5 miles tempo (6:33 pace) and was amazed that I felt great at the end of it. Tuesday was 9.5 easy miles, Wednesday was a six mile run with 15 hard minutes in the middle (about 6:40 with slight hills) and then kaploo-ey...the magic was gone. Thursday morning I couldn't run because of an early morning work meeting. So Thursday night I decided to hit the treadmill - every step was a chore and I was running very easy warm-up pace. Instead of a brief pause to kiss my daughter goodnight, I called it a night for a grand total of 3 miles! All day today I have been planning to run, but I haven't actually done it. There's nothing standing in my way, but I just can't get in to it. I figure I deserve a rest after 18 days of running and I think my body is telling me I need it, too! I guess my body is still adjusting to the new high mileage weeks, but I think with a little rest I will be feeling zippy again.

No comments: