Thursday, October 2, 2008

Crazy Calculations

My friend Debbie introduced m to race predictor calculators last week. The concept is simple: you enter a recent race time and it will predict your race time for some other distance. And so I have been going crazy trying to see where my marathon time should be, a salient issue since I am running Portland marathon this weekend.

I have been using every possible combination - mile times, 3K, 5K, 10K - on every calculator I cn find online. No matter how I try - it always comes up the same: I am not where I want to be. I know these are just estimators an not a destiny written in stone (indeed I have about ten minute window for my predicted times), but nonetheless, it is NOT the confidence builder I need after a crummy month of training. Here's to hoping that I am the exception to these "rules!"

No comments: