Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Running Problem

I couldn't resist - I signed up for the California International Marathon. I don't really expect drastically different results, but I just couldn't seem to let the idea go. With my parents living just outside of Sacramento, it makes for a pretty cheap running road trip (free food and lodging!). Plus, it gives my parents their first real opportunity to see me run since cross country nationals my junior year of college (15 years ago - egads!). So how did my mom respond to the good news: "I probably won't go. It seems like a pretty boring thing to watch."

At least I'll have the camaraderie of the other 6,000 runners who understand the marathon insanity. Also, I think I will be starting off my 2009 adventure in ultra-running with the Hagg Lake 50k. Hopefully, that'll keep me motivated to do some long runs in the rainy Pacific NW winter weather.

No comments: