Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oregon Represents!

It was a great day for Oregonians in ultra-running today!

First off, a big congratulations to Meghan Arbogast for her 100K road national championship title. Does that woman ever slow down? I am so in awe of her.

Oregonians also had a big day at the American River 50 mile, placing 4 guys in the top ten (Max King -3rd, Andy Martin-5th, Lewis Taylor - 8th and Rod Bien-9th) and nabbing a second place finish in the women's race. Though not an Oregonian, I would also like to congratulate Tracy Garneau on a stellar performance; I wasn't even in the same zip code when she finished!
Results

4 comments:

Olga said...

Pam, I was "watching" you shine, as well as Meghan, all morning, and holly sweet Jeesus, you are not going to be unnoticed at WS anymore!

crowther said...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this your most impressive ultra finish ever?

Pam said...

Greg - Thank you for making me laugh so hard! With the exception of Bandera (which I also think was a pretty good performance), I have mostly raced locally. A second place finish at the nation's second biggest ultra, would definitely be my "most impressive ultra finish ever." Getting outraced by 31 minutes makes it a little less impressive, though!

fitmacdaddy said...

remember honey, you should let your star shine more!