Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Down In Flames

On Monday, my uncle (aka PCT77) sent me this picture taken from downtown Pasadena, the finish of the Angeles Crest 100 mile Endurance Run.

"Can they get it all cleaned up in 19 days?" was my response. My uncle wrote back all the reasons he thought AC100 would have to be canceled. About two hours later, I got word that Angeles Crest was indeed canceled for this year.

While the race had me scared out of my mind, I was also pretty excited for it. I was crushed when I found out the race was canceled. My cousin, who is not a runner (nor a particularly religious guy), had a different take: He thought this was a great example of devine intervention because I just got saved from Hell!

I am now left scrambling, trying to figure out what to do. I am not ready to call it quits for the season - I definitely don't want to end this year with the bitter taste of Where's Waldo still in my mouth. And I am still interested in trying my hand at the 100 mile distance. Hundred in the Hood seems like the most obvious choice (I'll have to resign from my volunteer post!), but I'm also going to look into options for October and November. I need to find something soon to replace my focus!

No comments: