Monday, January 8, 2018

Belize It Or Not, I'm Blogging

If you want to write more, you have to sit down and write more. Seems fairly obvious but in the hustle and bustle of daily life, the activity of blogging didn't just get put on the back burner, it got packaged in foil and stuck into the far reaches of the freezer! Of course, I have been contributing to iRunFar with Gina and Liza for the past two plus years in our monthly column, Trail Sisters. I also recently joined the Ultrarunning Magazine staff as a monthly columnist for 2018 (look for my first article in February!). But those aren't the same as just rambling to your heart's content about whatever you want. And so I am dusting off the blog!

This year, I am headed back to Western States after a two year hiatus, thanks to a sponsorship spot from Active Joe (be sure to check out their races!). But before jumping into training for 2018, we headed down to Belize for a little post-holiday sunshine ("Belize Navidad!") and to celebrate my mother in law's 70th birthday! I only ran twice down there and enjoyed true vacation life, so now I am 8 days behind on the New Year, training, and resolutions (not to mention a bit overweight - thank you Belizean cuisine!). The days will go fast, but right now it feels like June is still a long way off with plenty of time to get in shape.

So for the time being, here are a few shots from Belize.

 Mayan ruins at Altun Ha
 A trip to the Belize zoo
 Hammock time
Our cabin at Monkey Bay Wildlife Preserve
 Exploring St. Herman's Cave
 A dip in the blue hole at Blue Hole National Park (not so blue after a night of hard rain)
 Our house on the beach
 A wildlife cruise on Monkey River

 Relics at Nim Li Punit



A trip to Laughing Bird Caye for an afternoon of snorkeling


No comments: